What is a Tax Credit Community
We have you covered!
What Is a Tax Credit Community?
Tax credit communities provide "workforce housing", which simply means housing for residents whose income is within certain percentage of the area median income. If your income falls between the minimum and maximum income restrictions, you may qualify for an apartment at a tax credit community.
What are the income restrictions?
The income restrictions are based on the number of people in the household and the size of the apartment home.
My income falls between the minimum and maximum range.
What do I need to bring with me to apply?
- Government issues ID, SS card, or valid DHS authorization ID. For children, a birth certificate and SS card
- Six current pay stubs
- Monthly fixed income (must be within 30 days of application date)
- Six checking account statements
- One savings account statement
- Proof of any or all retirement accounts
- $50 non-refundable processing fee
Click Here for more information about other WC Smith Affordable Housing options.